Sendn has a zero tolerance spam policy. It is strictly forbidden for this service to be used for sending unsolicited email, often referred to as spam. We actively monitor any unusually large email activity or large imported email lists. Any customer found to be violating our anti-spam policy will be terminated immediately from the Service. In addition, every email sent from Sendn contains a mandatory unsubscribe link. If the link is removed or altered in any way, Sendn will terminate the customer's account.
If you know of or suspect any violators, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
What is spam?
Spam also known as unsolicited bulk Email (UBE), junk mail, or unsolicited commercial email (UCE), is the practice of sending unwanted e-mail messages, frequently with commercial content, in large quantities to an indiscriminate set of recipients. Spamming floods the Internet with many copies of the same message, in an attempt to force the message on people who would not otherwise choose to receive it. Most spam is commercial advertising, often for dubious products or get-rich-quick schemes.
What defines a business relationship?
A business relationship exists if the recipient of your email has made a previous purchase form you, requested information, responded to a questionnaire or a survey, or had offline contact with you.
What defines consent?
Consent is when the recipient of your email has been notified of the collection and use of his or her email address and has consented to its collection and use.
Are there laws against spam?
The federal anti-spam law, the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, went into effect on January 1st, 2004 and preempts all state laws. While this law will not stop spam, it does make most spam illegal. The law is specific about requirements to send commercial email and empowers the federal government to enforce the law. The penalties can include a fine and/or imprisonment for up to 5 years.
How do I prevent myself from being a spammer?
1. Do not send mailings to anyone who has not agreed to receive your mailings.
2. Do not use purchased email lists.
3. Do not send to generic or general email addresses such as firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
4. Do not falsify your originating email address or use someone else's email address without their permission.
5. Do not put false or misleading information in the subject line.
6. Do not remove or alter the Sendn unsubscribe link in your mailings.
7. Immediately process all unsubscribe requests.